Please note: Registration for this year’s edition of the paddle has closed. If you’ve already registered and need to pay for your ticket(s), please click the link below.
The Conservation Council’s Fundy Baykeeper invites you to participate in a 10-km canoe or kayak paddle down the beautiful Musquash Estuary on Saturday, July 13th.
This fun event allows you to meander down the river and see the vast salt marshes, wildlife and historic shipwrecks in this treasured coastal area.
In 2006, the Musquash Estuary was designated a Marine Protected Area, the first in New Brunswick under the Canada Oceans Act. It was an accomplishment nearly a decade in the making for the Conservation Council and our many partners.
Our Musquash Paddle started as an event to bring paddlers to this gem as part of our campaign for protection. We now paddle the Musquash every year to enjoy it and to celebrate its protection.
- Registration is $25 for individuals and $35 for families. Register below, call 506-529-8838 or email Matt Abbott at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can pay online or on site with cash or cheque (made payable to Conservation Council of New Brunswick) the day of the paddle.
- Boat rentals can be obtained through Osprey Adventures.
- The paddle starts just above the Highway #1 Bridge crossing at Musquash and goes to Black Beach. A map indicating the launch site can be found here, or on this Google Map.
- Our goal is to be on the water paddling at 9:30 a.m. rain or shine!
- For those who may not wish to complete the full paddle, there will be a stop-off at Five Fathom Hole Wharf approximately 6 km along the route. We will continue through Musquash Harbour to Black Beach weather permitting.
- There will be shuttles from both Five Fathom Hole and Black Beach to take people back to their cars.
- All paddlers must wear life jackets. Please bring your own.
- No motorized boats allowed.
- Dress for changing weather and bring sunscreen, a hat, water and an en-route snack.
- We will be holding a BBQ and celebration reception at Black Beach after the paddle.
For any additional questions, please contact Matt Abbott at 506-529-8838 or by email at email@example.com.
Registration is now closed
Please note: Registration for this year’s edition of the paddle has closed. If you’ve already registered and need to pay for your ticket(s), please use the link below: