New Brunswick’s forestry contract with J.D. Irving goes too far: CCNB

Fredericton — Behind closed doors, the government of New Brunswick has agreed to the request of one company to dramatically rewrite the rules that protect our public forests, argues the Conservation Council of New Brunswick (CCNB). Additionally, it has set aside almost two thirds of increased access to timber on Crown land, a publicly owned

New Brunswick’s forestry contract with J.D. Irving goes too far: CCNB Read More »

Province hands keys to EIA process to oil and gas developers

In 2011, the Department of Environment introduced a new approach to doing environmental impact assessments (EIAs) for oil and gas development. They called it a phased approach. And, virtually all aspects of this new approach were for the benefit of industry. The Department’s presentation on the new approach said it would “reduce delays for the project

Province hands keys to EIA process to oil and gas developers Read More »

Alward’s forest plan must go: transparency, conservation groups

Fredericton – The Conservation Council of New Brunswick is joining with transparency and conservation groups across the Maritimes to demand an end to secretive giveaways of our natural resources following the release of the provincial government’s forest plan last week. “The province says the new forest plan is about jobs and ‘more boots in the woods’ but it’s

Alward’s forest plan must go: transparency, conservation groups Read More »

Groups call for end to public bailouts for open-pen salmon feedlots

For Immediate Release March 19, 2014 Halifax, NS; St Andrews, NB – Communities and conservation organizations are alarmed at the significant public dollars that have been spent on subsidizing poor fish farming practices in Atlantic Canada. In the last two decades, almost $139 million taxpayer dollars have been spent on “compensating” open-net pen fish farms

Groups call for end to public bailouts for open-pen salmon feedlots Read More »

Scroll to Top